The Golden Age of Hollywood, where compelling story lines and dramatic and daring actresses graced the big screen. In this fantastic Block of the Month featuring seven of the most beloved and theatrical actresses of the Golden Age. With fabric designed by Nancy Gere and a stunning quilt designed by Denice Lipscomb, you can’t go wrong!
The Golden Age BOM is a 7 month program honoring some of the amazing women in the arts. With each month’s pattern, you receive a short biography of a legendary actress who lived and worked during one of the most glamorous times in Hollywood history. Designed by Denice Lipscomb, this is what The Golden Age BOM is all about. The finished quilt size is 79” x 79”.
How well do you know about the 7 legendary actresses featured in this quilt? Answer the trivia questions below by commenting on this post. The person with the correct answers will be selected to win a Fat Quarter bundle of this beautiful fabric by Nancy Gere! Contest ends on Friday, March 11, 2016.
- Which actress left her dog a maid, a limo and a monthly allowance after her passing?
- Which actress was elected the first female president of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences?
- Which actress’ legs were insured with Lloyds of London for a million dollars?
- Who was a favorite animation model for Walt Disney and Urb Iwerks’ early works?
- Which actress’s voice inspired Anthony Hopkins Hannibal Lector?
- Who won Broadway’s 1953 Tony Award as Best Actress for the musical “Wonderful Town”?
- Which actress campaigned for Franklin Delano Roosevelt in the 1944 Presidential campaign?
Good luck and happy sewing!!!